In the age of information and technology, communication of data through the web is the most popular way. As communication is an exchange of data from one place to another through communication technology, it is essential to ensure the safety of date while communication through the internet. Hackers are working day and night to intercept and hack the data in order to misuse it. That is why; you should make sure to communicate data safely.
Secure connections are designed in such a way that it protects data by encryption flowing between two systems via the Internet. A secure connection has layers of encryption happening between the connected computers. If the connection is not secured through encryption, it is vulnerable to be hacked and misused by scoundrels.
Secure connections should be:
* Mask confidential data from third parties
* Ensure identity verification of the party with whom information is being exchanged
* Protect information from being noticed or modify by a third party
Popular ways to secure connection is as follows:
* Keeping virus scanner running to check all you are downloading.
* Use of firewall to control what ports can transmit and received data.
* Have a VPN running to mask what you are sending.
Eavesdropping is all about intercepting communication on the network of smartphone, computer or any other connected device. Eavesdropping is a kind of theft done directly listening to voice communication or the sniffing of data relating to any form of communication.
Ways to protect from eavesdropping:
* Ensure to be in control of software installed on the device.
* Always use HTTPS-encrypted connections for Internet based eavesdropping.
Phishing is a deceitful act of sending e-mails or creating web pages in order to collect personal information by pretending to be the legitimate enterprises. The cyber criminals fake users to be trustworthy by designing their e-mails and web pages in such a way that it appears legitimate. Sharing of personal information, such as password, credit card number, bank account number, and other sensitive details, can be misused by the miscreants who are engaged in the act of phishing.
Ways to stay protected against phishing attacks.
* Be smart while browsing
* Watch out for shortened links
* Avoid suspicious e-mail / web page
* Be wary of threats and urgent deadlines
* Deploy a web filter to block malicious websites
Identity verification is a procedure to ensure the reality of someone claims to be online or offline. Online Identity verification has become the important part of businesses now a day to manage long-term security. With the advancement of technology, data breaches, identity theft, and account takeover at large scale is going on. Business organizations are bound to use Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) rules and that drive them to develop identity verification techniques throughout the world.
As the technology is continuously changing and the criminals are upgrading themselves, so with the passage of time procedure for identity verification will get better upgraded. Some of the finest know Identity verification methods are as follows:
* Knowledge-Based Authentication- a process of asking the person to answer specific security questions.
* Two Factor Authentications - a technique of creating a username and password to access specific websites.
* Database Solutions- a process of checking behavioral patterns of the person to detect if an online ID is authentic.
* Online Identity Verification- a technique to ensure if a government-issued id belongs to the users, including artificial intelligence, biometrics, computer vision and human review.
* Biometric verification- a process to identify a person uniquely by evaluating one or more distinguishing biological trait.